Android APP for Sea Kayak Podcasts

Our new App for Android is live.

Find it here.

As with the iPhone App I'm not too pleased that I am forced to charge $1.99 for it.

I would prefer it to be free, but the whole thing is run by Libsyn and this is the minimum charge they permit.

It is a pretty neat new way to access Sea Kayak Podcasts and also bonus content which I hope to start adding to new podcasts.

The next new podcast will go live on 1st November featuring Joe Leach who set a new record for sea kayaking around Britain.

3 Comments Here:

robpealing said...

I live in Canada and when I tried to buy the app from Amazon I got the following message

We are sorry.
We could not process your order because of geographical restrictions on the product which you were attempting to purchase. Please refer to the terms of use for this product to determine the geographical restrictions.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.


I am disappointed, do you have any influence in this matter?

Please keep up the excellent podcasts, and I will continue using Juice to download them.

Simon said...

Hi Rob

I'm delighted you enjoy the podcasts.

I've e-mailed the people who make the app for Libsyn (they're Wizzard.tv) to see what they say.

I'll post their response here.

S

Simon said...

Hi Rob

Here's the reply from the developers:

'At this time we do not have a Google Play solution for Android but we hope to soon. For right now the users have to download from the Amazon Android market.'

They also apologise for not having the alternative you'd like.

Now, I don't think that answers your question. I think you're trying to download it from Amazon in Canada - am I correct?

S