Kayaking Scotland's Coast

Alan Wilson tells me he's setting out to paddle Scotland's coastline for three charities.

He'll start on the Solway coast on 8th April, hopefully ending in Eyemouth around three months later.

Here's his blog, if you care to find out more, and follow his training.

Also, here is Alan's JustGiving page, if you wish to sponsor him.

One of his charities is The Erbs Palsy Group - and I confess I had no idea what this was until I read Alan's page.

He writes;

"My son Cameron was born with an Erbs Palsy to his left arm.

This meant he had to have a series of operations to repair the nerves in his neck.

His first operation was at 4 months of age. He is now 13 and his arm is a lot better thanks to the wonderful work of Professor Simon Kay at Leeds General Hospital.

The Erbs Palsy Group put us in touch with Professor Kay and for that I cannot thank them enough."