3 Otters, 3 Weeks. All dead.

It is a bit weird, uploading a photo of a dead animal to my blog.

But I found this sight profoundly depressing.

In the last three weeks I have seen three otters, each of them lying beside the road, the victim of road-kill.

Yesterday, we finished our regular yoga class and I started the fifty mile ride home. Ten miles in, found this.

It quite upset my karma. I can't explain why, but the dead otter dominated my thoughts for the remainer of the ride. What sort of life had it had? It was large and clearly well fed. Would there be a family wondering where it was?

Seeing three of them in three weeks might be coincidence. Most likely, it's a 'reporting' issue.

I'm doing more road cycling, so I am inevitably going to notice more things by the side of the road. Usually it's Irn Bru and Red Bull cans (there's a survey to be done there - counting which can / bottle is jetissoned most).

I didn't photograph the other two as that also seemed a bit weird. But this one I wanted to record. Even now I still can't help thinking about this creature and the life it lived.