Canoe Expo This Weekend

It has been a strange old week. It's now early Friday morning and I'm about to head to Glasgow airport to meet Richard, Gordon and Morag to head to this weekend's CanoExpo event. It should take my mind off things.

If there's wi-fi I'll try to blog from there.

My Mum died on Monday. We cleared most of her house Tuesday. She was cremated and interred Wednesday. Thursday we flew back to Glasgow. Things happened fast.

But in the end I'm not sad. If I can have as full a life as she did until the great age of 84, and then if I start to get sick, as she did, then I'd like to push-off too. This thinking was already established and our plans laid. Which is why I plan to leave my job at the end of this year. Yep, 2008 is going to be memorable.

6 Comments Here:

Chris said...

Please accept my sympathies.

Death does make you appreciate life.

Chris

Douglas Wilcox said...

Simon I am both sorry and happy for you. You have chosen a new direction, how exciting!

84 is a very good age. Last year my Dad was 81 and developed diabetes. Hes seemed to think that was it. He was 81 last week and celebrated by buying a new boat!!

I am hoping might still be making new plans at that age too.

I envy you your big change. Most doctors do not change careers, I suppose it's because we like what we do and I like to think I can still do some good.

Good luck! The future is a great place to be!

:o)

eurion said...

My condolences at the loss of your mum.

Erling said...

I am very sorry to hear this. My thoughts go out to you and Liz. Sonja sends her regards too. All the best.

Michael said...

I am sorry to read the sad news of your Mother's passing, Simon. Like you, I take heart in your comment about the importance of living a full life, something you say she did and a model we all need to strive our best to achieve. All the best!

Wenley said...

Simon,

I am very sorry, and I wish you the best for a brave, new life.

But of course, you will succeed in anything you put your heart in.

Warm regards,