The Canoe Boys - Listen here

I thought I'd put all the links in one place. Programme One of The Canoe Boys is now online. It should remain there until 21st November, possibly until 23rd November. I think prog 2 is best.

To use the BBC Scotland Player you need a free program, RealPlayer installed in your computer.

The BBC Website for the programme will remain live for longer with the audio slide-show, TV feature from the Adventure Show, recording diary with additional video shot on route and an interview with Duncan Winning on kayak history. Buy the book here.

3 Comments Here:

Douglas Wilcox said...

Simon this had me captivated. I loved Ninian's deadpan delivery of "They trained for the Dorus Mor on the Forth and Clyde Canal".

I really enjoyed the banter between you and Cailean on the Dorus Mor. The cookery slot was pure entertainment, watch out Gordon Ramsey et al!

Richard H said...

What a wonderful story so far. It's great to relive a part of history told from so many voices and employing so much local knowledge. Sounds like Scotland has quite a history for kayaking - I'd love to listen to Mr. Winning tell it all right from the beginning. I admire the humorous the play by play of the dorus mor, and making porridgey mush as well: "stir the mass violently together."

Not only will I tune in again, I am definitely going to have to source this book when it becomes available in Canada.

Thank You from Victoria, BC!

Simon said...

Douglas - you embarrass me, but thank you very much.

Richard H - Thank you too! You might like to listen to two Podcasts I recorded with Duncan. Both are in the Podcast Library at
http://www.SeaKayakRoutes.com in the right-hand column.

You can order the book online - there's a link to the publishers on the programme blog
http://www.CanoeBoys.co.uk